Resources for Beyond Sex Ed
Main content start
Thank you for attending Beyond Sex Ed! We’re so happy you came to this page to learn more.
5 ways to develop your Sexual Citizenship:
- Identify your Sexual Projects
- Know your Yeses & your Nos
- Get educated on Positive Sexuality
- Express yourself & listen to others: hold a conversation circle
- Be an upstander, not a bystander
Resources for reflecting on pornography
- The Quest For Awesome Queer Feminist Porn (article)
- Porn: Can it actually be a healthy part of your sex life? (podcast episode)
- 4 Feel Good Porn Options/Alternatives (podcast episode)
- How to talk about porn with your partner (article)
- What is ethical porn? (article)
- How shame is connected to problematic porn use (article)
Alternatives to mainstream pornography
- CrashPadSeries.com – lesbian, trans, and queer porn
- Bellesa.co – porn by women
- Lustery.com – homemade porn videos
- AnnaWinters.com – girlfriend experiences for men
- Dipsea – sexy audio stories, wellness sessions, and dreamy sleep scenes
- TryQuinn.com – audio erotica
- 14 sources for (seriously) hot audio porn and erotica (article)
- What are your Sexual Projects?
- Assess your experience of Sexual Citizenship
- What’s your Erotic Blueprint?
- Love Languages (also check out 18 modern love languages)
Sexual Health / Contraception
- Bedsider – all about birth control
- Vaden Health services
- Emergency Contraception on campus – info here!
- Planned Parenthood in Mountain View
- Clue (app to track your cycle)
- 11 Period Tracker apps (article)
- Wild Power (book)
- Claire Baker (instagram – #adoreyourcycle)
- Know your Cycle (instagram – queer and non-binary cycle magick)
- Planned Parenthood information about abortion
- Accessing an abortion
- Exhale -- after-abortion counseling, textline, personal stories
- Shout Your Abortion (instagram) -- normalizing abortion, elevating safe paths to access
Kink & BDSM
- Relationship skills that you can learn from BDSM/kink (video)
- A Very Complete Beginner's Guide to Erotic Spanking (article)
- Here's What You Need To Know About Impact Play (slideshow)
- SM101: A Realistic Introduction (book)
Learn more about Rough Sex
Transgender Support & Resources
- The Asexual Visibility & Education Network
- How Asexuality Works (podcast episode)
- Ace (book)
- Don’t want to have sex? (article)
- What are the benefits and disadvantages of abstinence and outercourse?
- How can I stick to the promise I’ve made to myself to wait? (article)
Beyond Sex Ed Stories in the Daily
- The Other Side of the Story
- Stories from Google
- Ignorance is Bliss
- Letting the Light In
- Unapologetically Human
- Holding My Own Gravity
- The Power of Celebrating Insecurity
Classes you can take
- StoryCraft: Sexuality, Intimacy, & Relationships (to prepare a story for Beyond Sex Ed)
- Violence Intervention & Prevention (for VIP leaders in Greek organizations)
- Wellness through Queerness
- Peer Education on Comprehensive Sexual Health (SHPRC)
- Sexual & Emotional Intimacy Skills
- Adolescent Sexuality
- Search “sexuality” in ExploreCourses!
Ways you can get involved
5 Steps to Practice Attunement:
- Slow down. Slow everything down.
- Take a breath. Feel yourself in your body.
- Pay attention: What’s true right now?
- Ask yourself, What am I feeling? What would feel good right now? What do I need?
- Then, if you’re with another person, ask them, What are you feeling? What would feel good right now for you? What do you need?
- Notice where there’s dissonance. What’s not working?
- Adjust accordingly — find the consonance. What’s needed to harmonize in this situation?