General Training Information
Do I need to take training if:
- I work less than full-time
- I will be working at Stanford for less than 6 months
- I recently had Respectful Workplace training (SoM)
- I trained this year at the VA Hospital
- I recently attended classroom training for new employees
- I am not a supervisor
- I will retire before my training due date
- I am Emeritus faculty
Tech Help for Online Training
- I’m having technical difficulties with the online program.
- I haven't received an emailed invitation to register.
- What happens if I don't complete the supervisor training on time?
- Can I register or see my training record in STARS?
- What system configuration do I need?
- Who do I contact for more help or questions?
Even if you work less than full time, if you supervise you do need to take the supervisor course (AB1825).
Typically, if you’re appointed for less than six months you are exempt from this training requirement. However, you do need to complete the training if your appointment is ongoing and you return to Stanford for part of every year.
You do need to complete the 2-hour sexual harassment training to comply with the law (AB1825), because the Respectful Workplace Training does not meet the state training requirement.
Unfortunately, the VA harassment training does not comply with California law regarding Sexual Harassment Prevention training. Stanford faculty who have appointments at the VA must complete Stanford’s supervisor training program to receive credit under the state mandate.
These sexual harassment briefings are for new non-supervisory staff. They do not satisfy California's AB 1825 requirement for supervisors. If you have been identified as a supervisor by your department or HR/FAA, you must comply with this AB1825 training requirement for supervisors.
If you are not currently directing (includes approving timecards) or evaluating the work of other employees (including supervising part-time, temp, casual or student employees), ask your Human Resources Office or Faculty Affairs Officer or Administrator to confirm that fact with the SHARE Harassment Prevention Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 725-0646.
Please contact the SHARE Harassment Prevention Team: email@example.com or 725-0646.
Emeritus faculty must complete AB 1825 training if recalled to active duty.
Tech Help for Online Training
Get Inclusive can help to resolve technical difficulties. You can:
- Click "ASK" across the top menu bar of the online program; OR
- Contact Get Inclusive directly: email firstname.lastname@example.org
First, double-check that the email is not in your spam or junk folder. If not found, contact your HR Manager or Faculty Affairs Officer/Administrator. He or she will notify the SHARE Harassment Prevention Team of your supervisory or faculty status.
You will receive regular reminders from STARS. If you fail to comply, your FAO or HRM will give you a personal reminder. Eventually you will be contacted by the school dean or unit VP, and you may lose any supervisory privileges you have at Stanford until you complete the training.
Training records are updated at regular intervals and may be viewed by clicking "My Learning" in STARS.
Mac: Chrome/Firefox/Safari (latest version)
Windows: Chrome/Firefox (latest version)
Recommended Assistive Technologies: Firefox/NVDS and Mac/VoiceOver
We recommend clearing your cache and cookies, closing the browser, logging back in, and relaunching the course.
For technical support, email Get Inclusive at email@example.com